As my boss likes to say, “Trends often last longer than anyone expects.” That’s very true. But it’s also true that, once a trend ends, it takes a long time for investors to come to terms with it. That’s true of both major market trends—it takes months for the general public to get bullish or bearish after a big turn, for instance—but it’s also true when it comes to individual stocks.
Cabot Investing Advice
Cabot is one of the oldest and most respected independent investment advisory services in the U.S. With a long tradition of helping individual investors become better investors, today our 12 services deliver high-quality investing advice to more than 200,000 individual investors and investment professionals in 141 countries, while our paid subscribers number 25,000 in 78 countries. Since our founding in 1970, Cabot has been a primary source for the best stocks to buy, helping our readers consistently beat the market for nearly half a century.
Trusted Investment Advice Since 1970
- Comprehensive Advisory for Growth Investors
- Model Portfolio with Timely Buy and Sell Alerts
- Market Timing Indicators Protect Your Profits
Buy Low and Sell High for Financial Security
- Growth Stocks at Value Prices
- Two Model Portfolios: Low Risk and Medium Risk
- Weekly Updates with Clear Instructions
Free Investing Advice Delivered to Your Inbox
- Completely Free!
- Hot Stock Picks and Market Analysis
- Written by Cabot's Expert Analysts
The Week's Fastest Growing Stocks
- The 10 Fastest Growing Stocks Every Week
- Expert Fundamental and Technical Analysis
- Clear Buy and Sell Ranges, Weekly Follow-up
The Best Stock to Buy Right Now
- Low-Cost Introduction to Cabot-Style Investing
- The Best Stocks from Five Cabot Advisories
- Build a Diverse Portfolio of Growth, Value and Income Stocks
A World of Exciting Growth Opportunities
- Invest in the Fastest Growing Stocks on Earth
- Expert Stock Selection and Market Timing
- Enormous Growth Potential
Big Profits in Any Market
- Learn Options Trading Using Puts, Calls and Covered Calls
- Minute-by-Minute Updates and Alerts
- Use Leverage to Protect Your Wealth
Big Profits from Small, Revolutionary Stocks
- Invest in the Next AAPL and AMZN
- High-Potential Undiscovered Stocks
- Buy the Best Small-Caps in the Market
The Best Investments for Retirement Income
- Income Investing for Retirement
- Secure Investments for Conservative Investors
- High Yield, Dividend Growth and Safe Income
Advanced Strategy for Big Profits
- Learn Advanced Options Techniques
- For Experienced, Aggressive Investors
- Follow Hedge Funds for Huge Profits
The Best Income Investments on Wall Street
- For Investors Seeking Dividends
- Dozens of Diverse Opinions
- Hand-Picked Ideas from Over 200 Advisories
The Best Ideas on Wall Street
- Advice from the Best Advisors on Wall Street
- Dozens of Diverse Opinions and Recommendations
- Hand-Picked from Over 200 Advisories
From a top-down perspective, the market has performed impressively this week. Under the market’s hood, however, the situation is anything but clear.
My view of small caps right now is still moderately positive. I’m not pounding the table to buy everything out there, but pick your spots and your stocks carefully and you should do just fine.
Select blue-chip stocks are selling at the lowest levels in many years, with low P/Es and high yields. At the current prices, you should not pass them up.
In effect, GDP growth is the most valuable commodity in the world right now, and most countries are working to make it happen. And the preferred method for growing GDP is stimulating consumption.
On Friday, a trader bought 40,000 Exxon Mobile (XOM) November 77.5 Calls, and call buying was brisk in nearly every oil stock.
Concerns about the Chinese economy convinced the Fed to put off its rate hike once again, sending markets into a tailspin, and they are now retesting their August lows.