KPMG LLP analyzed the technology sector deals and forecasts that mobile, data and analytics, security, and “the cloud” will be the primary focus of M&A deals this year. Upon review of the stocks we’ve recently been recommending in the Digests, I heartily agree with this assessment. And one area that has whetted the appetite of both private equity and public company acquirers is fintech.
Cabot Investing Advice
Cabot is one of the oldest and most respected independent investment advisory services in the U.S. With a long tradition of helping individual investors become better investors, today our 12 services deliver high-quality investing advice to more than 200,000 individual investors and investment professionals in 141 countries, while our paid subscribers number 25,000 in 78 countries. Since our founding in 1970, Cabot has been a primary source for the best stocks to buy, helping our readers consistently beat the market for nearly half a century.
Trusted Investment Advice Since 1970
- Comprehensive Advisory for Growth Investors
- Model Portfolio with Timely Buy and Sell Alerts
- Market Timing Indicators Protect Your Profits
The Best Stock to Buy Right Now
- Low-Cost Introduction to Cabot-Style Investing
- The Best Stocks from Five Cabot Advisories
- Build a Diverse Portfolio of Growth, Value and Income Stocks
A World of Exciting Growth Opportunities
- Invest in the Fastest Growing Stocks on Earth
- Expert Stock Selection and Market Timing
- Enormous Growth Potential
Big Profits from Small, Revolutionary Stocks
- Invest in the Next AAPL and AMZN
- High-Potential Undiscovered Stocks
- Buy the Best Small-Caps in the Market
The Week's Fastest Growing Stocks
- The 10 Fastest Growing Stocks Every Week
- Expert Fundamental and Technical Analysis
- Clear Buy and Sell Ranges, Weekly Follow-up
The Best Investments for Retirement Income
- Income Investing for Retirement
- Secure Investments for Conservative Investors
- High Yield, Dividend Growth and Safe Income
Buy Low and Sell High for Financial Security
- Growth Stocks at Value Prices
- Two Model Portfolios: Low Risk and Medium Risk
- Weekly Updates with Clear Instructions
Big Profits in Any Market
- Learn Options Trading Using Puts, Calls and Covered Calls
- Minute-by-Minute Updates and Alerts
- Use Leverage to Protect Your Wealth
Advanced Strategy for Big Profits
- Learn Advanced Options Techniques
- For Experienced, Aggressive Investors
- Follow Hedge Funds for Huge Profits
The Best Income Investments on Wall Street
- For Investors Seeking Dividends
- Dozens of Diverse Opinions
- Hand-Picked Ideas from Over 200 Advisories
The Best Ideas on Wall Street
- Advice from the Best Advisors on Wall Street
- Dozens of Diverse Opinions and Recommendations
- Hand-Picked from Over 200 Advisories
Free Investing Advice Delivered to Your Inbox
- Completely Free!
- Hot Stock Picks and Market Analysis
- Written by Cabot's Expert Analysts
Historically, a lack of bullishness is a good sign for the stock market, but we never use sentiment as a reason to buy (or sell, for that matter).
Preferred stocks are a special class of shares that are traded like stocks but actually represent debt, like a bond or loan.
In a mature bull market like this, I’m wary of stocks that have already had a big run; they’re the ones that have substantial downside potential when the bull turns to bear.
The two economic numbers I expect traders to watch most closely this week is Consumer Confidence on Tuesday and GDP on Friday.
We remain most heavily invested in China, because the trends of Chinese stocks in general remain positive, and the charts of the great companies we are tracking are quite healthy.
In the third year of a four-year presidential cycle, stocks have tended to rise in the May-through-October period, especially in the second term of a president.
This coming month, we're going deeper into the biotech arena with mechanisms to control disease through gene transcription via epigenetic means.