The question of thankfulness is especially interesting to me because I write a financial advisory on how to invest in emerging market stocks, and I know that being a growth investor requires a certain amount of optimism. Pessimists don’t buy growth stocks because they believe deeply that most things will turn out badly. With all that philosophical maundering out of the way, I’d like to run down my optimistic list of things I’m thankful for.
Cabot Investing Advice
Cabot is one of the oldest and most respected independent investment advisory services in the U.S. With a long tradition of helping individual investors become better investors, today our 12 services deliver high-quality investing advice to more than 200,000 individual investors and investment professionals in 141 countries, while our paid subscribers number 25,000 in 78 countries. Since our founding in 1970, Cabot has been a primary source for the best stocks to buy, helping our readers consistently beat the market for nearly half a century.
Trusted Investment Advice Since 1970
- Comprehensive Advisory for Growth Investors
- Model Portfolio with Timely Buy and Sell Alerts
- Market Timing Indicators Protect Your Profits
Buy Low and Sell High for Financial Security
- Growth Stocks at Value Prices
- Two Model Portfolios: Low Risk and Medium Risk
- Weekly Updates with Clear Instructions
Free Investing Advice Delivered to Your Inbox
- Completely Free!
- Hot Stock Picks and Market Analysis
- Written by Cabot's Expert Analysts
The Week's Fastest Growing Stocks
- The 10 Fastest Growing Stocks Every Week
- Expert Fundamental and Technical Analysis
- Clear Buy and Sell Ranges, Weekly Follow-up
The Best Stock to Buy Right Now
- Low-Cost Introduction to Cabot-Style Investing
- The Best Stocks from Five Cabot Advisories
- Build a Diverse Portfolio of Growth, Value and Income Stocks
A World of Exciting Growth Opportunities
- Invest in the Fastest Growing Stocks on Earth
- Expert Stock Selection and Market Timing
- Enormous Growth Potential
Big Profits in Any Market
- Learn Options Trading Using Puts, Calls and Covered Calls
- Minute-by-Minute Updates and Alerts
- Use Leverage to Protect Your Wealth
Big Profits from Small, Revolutionary Stocks
- Invest in the Next AAPL and AMZN
- High-Potential Undiscovered Stocks
- Buy the Best Small-Caps in the Market
The Best Investments for Retirement Income
- Income Investing for Retirement
- Secure Investments for Conservative Investors
- High Yield, Dividend Growth and Safe Income
Advanced Strategy for Big Profits
- Learn Advanced Options Techniques
- For Experienced, Aggressive Investors
- Follow Hedge Funds for Huge Profits
The Fed seems pretty certain to begin raising interest rates in December, but very little else is assured.
We’re also well into the “seasonally favorable” half of the year, but trouble spots remain, especially among retailers, the backbone of the U.S. economy.
As tricky as the environment is, there are opportunities out there if you’re invested in the right stocks (especially the liquid leaders) and get in at advantageous buy points.
My preference is to invest in the less crowded sectors of the market, where there are still stocks that have been overlooked, and today’s selection is a perfect example.
The couple of hours or days when options are mispriced are the times when it makes best sense to execute a buy-write, naked put or other volatility-selling strategies.
I’m taking a break from broad market discussions this week to talk more specifically about a big trend that we’re building exposure to in Cabot Small-Cap Confidential.