It’s the beginning of August, high summer in New England, and a bit of summer fatigue is setting in. Summer in New England is short, so we try to pack half a year’s worth of cookouts, beach days, hikes, kayaking, sight-seeing and other outside recreation into three months. It’s fun, but the pace can be a bit frantic, especially as the season enters its third act. Frankly, all I want to do now is lie on a beach somewhere and read a book.
Cabot Investing Advice
Cabot is one of the oldest and most respected independent investment advisory services in the U.S. With a long tradition of helping individual investors become better investors, today our 12 services deliver high-quality investing advice to more than 200,000 individual investors and investment professionals in 141 countries, while our paid subscribers number 25,000 in 78 countries. Since our founding in 1970, Cabot has been a primary source for the best stocks to buy, helping our readers consistently beat the market for nearly half a century.
Trusted Investment Advice Since 1970
- Comprehensive Advisory for Growth Investors
- Model Portfolio with Timely Buy and Sell Alerts
- Market Timing Indicators Protect Your Profits
Buy Low and Sell High for Financial Security
- Growth Stocks at Value Prices
- Two Model Portfolios: Low Risk and Medium Risk
- Weekly Updates with Clear Instructions
Free Investing Advice Delivered to Your Inbox
- Completely Free!
- Hot Stock Picks and Market Analysis
- Written by Cabot's Expert Analysts
The Week's Fastest Growing Stocks
- The 10 Fastest Growing Stocks Every Week
- Expert Fundamental and Technical Analysis
- Clear Buy and Sell Ranges, Weekly Follow-up
The Best Stock to Buy Right Now
- Low-Cost Introduction to Cabot-Style Investing
- The Best Stocks from Five Cabot Advisories
- Build a Diverse Portfolio of Growth, Value and Income Stocks
A World of Exciting Growth Opportunities
- Invest in the Fastest Growing Stocks on Earth
- Expert Stock Selection and Market Timing
- Enormous Growth Potential
Big Profits in Any Market
- Learn Options Trading Using Puts, Calls and Covered Calls
- Minute-by-Minute Updates and Alerts
- Use Leverage to Protect Your Wealth
Big Profits from Small, Revolutionary Stocks
- Invest in the Next AAPL and AMZN
- High-Potential Undiscovered Stocks
- Buy the Best Small-Caps in the Market
The Best Investments for Retirement Income
- Income Investing for Retirement
- Secure Investments for Conservative Investors
- High Yield, Dividend Growth and Safe Income
Advanced Strategy for Big Profits
- Learn Advanced Options Techniques
- For Experienced, Aggressive Investors
- Follow Hedge Funds for Huge Profits
The Best Income Investments on Wall Street
- For Investors Seeking Dividends
- Dozens of Diverse Opinions
- Hand-Picked Ideas from Over 200 Advisories
The Best Ideas on Wall Street
- Advice from the Best Advisors on Wall Street
- Dozens of Diverse Opinions and Recommendations
- Hand-Picked from Over 200 Advisories
We're sticking with the game plan we've used for most of the past few months. You want to hold your strong performers and look to buy strong stocks at low-risk entry points.
The Shanghai Composite topped out on June 12 at 5,166, capping a four-month run from 3,095. By July 3, the Shanghai Composite had retreated to 3687, a 29% decline. That’s the stumble we were talking about.
Major divergences among stocks and some high-profile earnings disappointments have kept investors on the edge of their seats.
While the S&P 500 is approximately 2% from all-time highs, I could come up with a list of 100-200 stocks, and charts that would lead you to believe we are in the middle of a major bear market.
How does the sudden drop in stock prices in China affect stocks that we own here in the United States?
Four years later, here we are again: Greece is again near default, and U.S. stocks have traded sideways for most of the year.
This coming month, we're going deeper into the biotech arena with mechanisms to control disease through gene transcription via epigenetic means.